I started work as an instructor (education officer) at Jefri Bolkiah College of Engineering or Maktab Kejuruteraan Jefri Bolkiah, MKJB after my degree. It was in 1998. Teaching microelectronics and electronics has made me develop my knowledge and skills in these areas. I was lucky to work with Terry when beginning my career in the engineering college. Terry has a great enthusiasm for science, technology and engineering. He actively involved students in project works and raising their competitiveness through participating in various competitions locally. Working with Terry, I have developed similar interest and enthusiasm. Designing, modifying and creating stuff is just fun! Seeing own creation (even if it is not new idea) works is a great feeling. Trying to make things work is a lot of learning. I followed Terry’s foot steps and continued to actively work with student in projects and lead them to participate in various events, including the ABU Robocon.
Apart from the knowledge and skills gained through these projects, the achievements, while not significant, in the various events that we have participated further motivate me to work harder. It is most satisfying and feels most achieved when seeing the students worked hard, rewarded for their hard works and achieved their dream.
Below is the list of projects I have lead students in various events.
- ‘Microprocessor Controlled Traffic Light Junction’, Exhibition, ASEAN Science Technology Week (ASTW) 2001, Brunei Darussalam, 17-21st September 2001
- ‘Microprocessor Controlled Traffic Light Junction’, 1st Prize Award, Hardware Category, INFORAMA 2001, Brunei Darussalam, 1-4th November 2001
- ‘Tele-Control of Home Appliances in Smart Home’, 1st Prize Award, Hardware Category, INFORAMA 2002, Brunei Darussalam, October 2002
- ‘Sound Controlled Obstacle Avoidance Vehicle’, 2nd Prize Award, Hardware Category, INFORAMA 2002, Brunei Darussalam, October 2002
- The pioneer team for Brunei first participation in ABU Robocon Contest, Bangkok, Thailand, August 2003
- Gradiator Category, 2nd Prize + Best Idea Award, ROBOTECH 2005, Brunei Darussalam, May 2005
- Winner of Robocon 2005 Local Competition, and represent Brunei Darussalam at ABU Robocon 2005, Beijing, China, August 2005
- Toyota Award, Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Robot Contest (Robocon) 2005, Beijing, China, August 2005
- ‘Autonomous Robot’, 1st Prize Award, Hardware Category, INFORAMA 2005, Brunei Darussalam, September 2005
- Winner of Robocon 2006 Local Competition, and represent Brunei Darussalam at ABU Robocon 2006, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 2006
- ‘Mini-Basketball Player Machines’, Special Mention, INFORAMA 2006, Brunei Darussalam, August 2006
- ‘The Party Laucher’, 3rd Prize, CIPTA 2007, Brunei Darussalam, March 2007